We all purchase a wide range of products to help us keep our homes running smoothly and our families well provided for. When you make a purchase, you expect the product you buy to serve you well in the capacity intended, and when, instead, that product leaves you injured, it can be especially difficult.
The injuries caused by defective products can result in serious injury or even death. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, contact an experienced attorney from The Broadway Law Firm in Los Angeles.
Your Product Liability Case
To demonstrate that someone else is responsible for your injuries in a product liability case, the following four elements must be present:
- The defendant either designed, manufactured, distributed, and/or sold the defective product in question.
- The product in question was defective when it left the defendant’s possession (it wasn’t damaged after the fact).
- You used the product in the way it was intended to be used (or in a manner that was reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer).
- The product’s defect caused you to be injured.
Even if the manufacturer wasn’t negligent in its actions, it might still be found liable for the damages that ensue.
The Manufacturer’s Liability
The manufacturer of a product can be found liable for defects in its products in three separate areas that include:
- Defects in manufacturing
- Defects in design
- Defects in warnings (or inadequate warnings) – regarding the product’s inherent dangers)
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Product Liability Attorney in Los Angeles
If a defective product leaves you injured, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced product liability attorney on your side. At The Broadway Law Firm in Los Angeles, our dedicated legal team is committed to skillfully advocating for your rights and for your rightful compensation. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us today.